Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Humid Chamber Music

It's an after-rain, humid summer night.  One of those nights where condensed moisture from the air is inseparable from sweat on the skin's surface.  It's the beginning of July biking weather.

Today was the first day in a long while that I've had a break and no visitor to entertain me, nor pressing practice obligation.  I awoke and enjoyed the morning, studying Japanese as inspired to do so, eating as inspired to do so, organizing and enjoying the catharsis of taking out the plastic garbage on Wednesdays.  I conferred with the powers that be and managed to get my bike and myself to HPAC fifteen minutes before a huge storm hit.  Perhaps I'm learning, but there is always tomorrow.

After some practice I headed across the street to a small concert hall above the convenient store where some of my friends had organized a chamber music concert.  It was a really successful evening, a sort of goodbye to some of the third-year members.  I'm hoping that we can continue the precedent in some way.  Looking for openings.


No comments:

Post a Comment