Monday, May 5, 2014

Children's Day in Japan

Some winters can be really hard.  How many winters will I have in my life and what will they ask of me?  

My grandfather has been through many winters and surely this one asked a lot of him.  Every time I speak with my parents I ask them how he is doing, wishing that there wasn't so much distance between us.  But over the past few months, I've been hearing better and better news.  Yesterday my parents told me that he had gotten back on his motorized scooter and was riding around the neighborhood.  My father said that my mother had gotten him a hat with a cord so that he'd be protected from the sun and it wouldn't blow away.  And they are going to get him a walker attachment for the back of the scooter so that he can get off and walk around at the places where his whim takes him.

Learning from his winters.  The joy of spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment