Monday, April 7, 2014

Sado-san Sustains

We played Tchaikovsky's 6th Symphony last year at HPAC, but it isn't the same piece this time.  In Sado-san's hands it is transformed to a state I can hardly recognize.  If it weren't for my own handwriting on the page, I would doubt my memory.  It's always a pleasure to have his passion on the podium.  I think we are really lucky to have him as our Maestro.

This week we begin an all-Russian program of Glinka, Rachmaninoff and Tchaikovsky.  And it will be our program for a two-week tour that we begin next week.  Our section leader commented to me on how it can be hard to sustain passion for such an intense program after playing it so many times.  But then he added, "I think Sado-san will keep us going,."  And I think I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment