Monday, June 24, 2013

Shinjuku (Arrival in Tokyo)

Ben and I arrived in Tokyo after a quick Shinkansen ride.  We walked around Ginza (a bit too upscale to keep us long) and then walked around the Imperial Palace to find our hotel.  After a brief pit stop, we got on our feet again and headed out to find a bar run by Buddhist monks, and the huge shopping district Shinjuku.  Lights and alleys and so many (so so so many) people.  Most of my pictures are on my camera so I can't get them to my travelling iPad blog, but here is one I can share.  I took it early on in the evening, before I had any idea what my eyes would see.  So I'll leave you with this now timid initial impression until I can share more.  Tokyo is vast and amazing.  There is so much to take in.  I don't think we have any idea how tired we are.  


No comments:

Post a Comment