Sunday, June 16, 2013

Chi Chi no Hi

This evening I took an earlier bus than necessary to get to the airport to meet my brother.  It felt good to be the end of someone's long journey, and to take the extra time to be sure that I would be there and be able to connect with him.  I'm reminded of the times that my father steadfastly waited for me, delivered me from one event to another, with a generosity of his time more than necessary.  He is such a source of stability, trust, and assurance.  On the way from one activity to another there was often talking.  And listening.  Always listening.  I feel like I learned so much in the calm of his thinking and the manner of his deliverance.  It felt good to share a bit of it with my brother on his visit.  So fortunate to have such a role model.

No comments:

Post a Comment