Thursday, June 20, 2013

Rainy Travels

So this is the rainy season.  My bike is taking a rest in an underground garage at HPAC, I can smell my brother's well-travelled soaked shoes from rainy walks in Nara and Kyoto these past two days,  his feet taking a hit from his enthusiastic sojourning.  To him, his curiosity is blind to the wear and the weather. After travelling to these two historic centers of Japan with friends of mine, he'll be venturing a solo trip to Hiroshima tomorrow by way of Shinkansen (bullet train), staying in a hostel for a night alone.  It will be his fifth day in Japan, his fifth day outside of America, his first time leaving that country where mailboxes are blue and people board in the front of the bus.  It will likely be raining in Hiroshima and Miyajima, but his shoes will weather the wear–I'm a little jealous that he'll get to see these places and I'm a little jealous of these places for getting to see him.  He's a great companion.  But in two days time I'll have him back and we'll have our adventures in Osaka and Tokyo if all goes according to plan.  Likely it will be raining, and I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment