Saturday, February 28, 2015

Listening to an HPAC Recital

Tonight is the concert for two of the core members at HPAC to present half recitals.  One of the members of the cello section played and the rest of us cellists accompanied her on Bruch's Kol Nidre. Listening to others play music is one of my favorite things, especially when they are people that I know.  There is something really special about live music, and because often I'm the one making it, it's rare that I have the chance to just listen to other performers.  I can imagine myself being one of those community members that goes to local conservatory recitals, filling in one of the 200 empty seats.  They need an audience and I'm happy to oblige.  I hope that in my next life (in this one) I will have more opportunities to do live listening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment