Friday, March 14, 2014

Farewell to Cambridge

This was the last full day in Cambridge.  Tomorrow I'll head back to Japan.  We spent the day with a walk into town to buy various things, a run through the meadows for a scone with jam and clotted cream at the Orchard, and another visit to Evensong at King's College Cathedral.  I had gone to all these places before, either during this visit or when I was here two years ago, but they are always different.  In the summer there were leaves on the trees in the meadows, at Evensong there was a different choir and different reading.  And this is what makes leaving so hard.  I won't be here for the blossoms on the trees at the Orchard.  But I will see them in Japan.  Always, there is some part of the daily liturgy of life somewhere in the world that I am missing.  People that I love doing things that I will not share.  Seasons changing, choirs singing, performances, and ceremonies.  It is hard to say goodbye.  But perhaps the more I do it, the more I will learn to let go and welcome the place where I am.  

No comments:

Post a Comment