Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Okuna-san

After a second visit to Takeshi Okuno in Kyoto and another variety of green tea offered while I waited for him to put together the bill for the cello repair, I think this may be the perfect time and place to reawaken my love of green tea.  Perhaps I will start to the draw the water from Kyoto's mountains and purchase special tea kettles and seeping pots.  Perhaps I will get a calico cat like Okuno-san's, and call it Mikara as a nickname for Michelangelo but also to mean "three colors."  And I too will feed him little sardines.  I'll wear socks and wooden sandals and listen to Renaissance choral music at the foot of the hill next to the Golden Temple of Kyoto.  And in moments when I've set aside the focus of my craft, I'll stare into my little cup of green tea, warming my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment