Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Mysterious River Offerings

Every morning around 7:30 am, a woman comes to the opposite side of the river with her little white dog.  She practices very yoga briefly and then walks back along the river, out of sight.  The first morning I saw her I was practicing Tae Kwon Do and kihopping, and I shortly discovered that her dog was quite responsive to the sound.  As much as I enjoyed having this communication, I continued with a quiet practice in order not to disturb her, and have subsequently done this whenever she arrives.  For the past week I have practiced in the afternoons and have thus not seen her, but this morning I went to the river again and as expected, she arrived around 7:30 am.  I lowered my voice and continued to practice as she moved to the spot where she prefers to stretch.  But this morning, she put in place a small blow-up doll.  I thought it was for her dog, but the dog took no interest.  I thought it was for her, but she left it after being there for less than 5 minutes.  And then it continued to stare (frown?) at me as I resumed my practice.  It was still there this afternoon when I biked home, though tossed a bit by the wind.  Why did she leave it?  Who is this character?  What does it mean??


mystery man

A further mystery of today is the location of the wasabi seaweed in the grocery that I had recently discovered and grown to love.  Has it moved to another aisle?  Have they discontinued it?  It's been a very perplexing and somewhat troubling day....

No comments:

Post a Comment