Monday, October 29, 2012

Morning Construction

I woke up this morning and recognized that I hadn't quite slept off the weariness I had taken with me to bed the night before.  Perhaps it's too much Feldenkrais, or the changing seasons, but like my arms and legs, it cannot be removed at my wishing.  I can only explore it and see how it is a part of me.  And as I made my bed, I thought of welcoming it, like welcoming the fall.  An indication and an opportunity for change, reorganization, and growth.

Right now I feel the change of seasons and am enjoying the accruing colors of fall.  I feel that a part of me is under construction, and I'm curious to see what comes of it.  What will I keep and what will be cleared?  What am I learning about the relationships that I have and the ones that I'm making?  What am I learning about teaching in the absence of it?  About communication, about people, about myself?  Things are shifting, being cleared and sowed.

Some mornings feel this way.  And then I look up and realize I'm on my bike on a corner in Japan.




No comments:

Post a Comment