Friday, October 26, 2012

Getting Closer (Preamble to a Day in Kyoto)

I went to Kyoto today with several friends from the orchestra.  I'll write more about it tomorrow because there was so much to take in for one day, so many pictures to share, incredible experiences, sights, and tastes and I've returned home quite late.  But it was an incredible experience.  I really enjoyed the company and am enjoying the exploration of Japan more and more.  This morning, before we left, I went to the river to practice Tae Kwon Do and the Japanese woman that had come to speak to me two weeks ago stopped by again.  It's so wonderful to feel the door of this country slowly opening more and more, bit by bit.  As I learn more words, see more places, tastes new foods, make new friends- it's a really beautifully thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment