Thursday, June 4, 2015

First Morning Chamber Music Concert

It felt like moving mountains to get a core member chamber music concert to happen at HPAC and this morning we had our first one to a sold-out house.  It felt like such a success and everyone was so happy afterwards.  Playing chamber music and listening to my friends play chamber music are two of my favorite things to do, and this morning I got to do both.  Chamber music seems to help people grow in so many wonderful ways.  It strengthens working relationships, it helps people become better musicians, and it strengthens confidence and self-esteem.  I think there are few things healthier for a musician than chamber music.  It feels good to have this at HPAC and I hope we can ensure that it continues.  Through it I think we build greater trust for ourselves and our peers and trust is such a wonderful place from which to make music.  Many thanks to all the people who helped to make it happen, who played today, and also to the stage manager and crew for being so efficient and flawless.  Looking forward to the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment