Friday, February 1, 2013

The End of Wakuwaku; Hokkaido Tomorrow

And that's it.  An official V-I done for the Wakuwaku program of 2012-2013.  The shenanigans continued and mounted today, making for one of the most memorable and amusing string of instrument demonstrations.  A truly creative and fun bunch of people at HPAC.  Bassoons dancing in the Radetzky encore, clarinets handing out chocolate to the wind section, flutes giving roses to the clarinets, the winds raising umbrellas during the lighting and sound demonstration's "thunderstorm;"  the final resolution to the Strauss march was indeed a triumphant one.  This evening there will be a celebration at Akuradanchi in honor of the milestone.  It was a flat summit, but a summit nonetheless.

And tomorrow morning three friends and I will leave for Hokkaido to play concerts in one of the top ski destinations in the world, Niseko.  It's ironic that chamber music took me to Banff in Canada and now takes me to Niseko and I'm the furthest thing from being a skier.  But what I lack in experience I more than make up for in enthusiasm.  We're scheduled to play four concerts, go to onsen, go cross country skiing, and enjoy other activities of Niseko.  I'm really excited for the experience.  The woman with whom we have been in communication, Natsuko, has been so helpful and kind and has even set up a website.  I should still have internet while there, but in case I go amiss, no worries.  I'm just taking in the snowy scape of Japan's northern face.

No comments:

Post a Comment