Saturday, December 1, 2012

James Bond in Japan

First time in a Japanese movie theatre to watch a very non-Japanese film, Skyfall.  Assigned seats, holders on the back of each one for umbrellas, the theatre remained dark until the end of the credits and beyond at which point everyone filed out in silence, greeted by ushers sorting the popcorn and drink containers into the proper disposal receptacle.  And of course, Japanese subtitles throughout.  I'm happy that I've learned enough to be distracted by it, but since I still wasn't quick enough to catch the Japanese translation of, "Don't jock it up,"  I think I need to continue my study with more diligence.

And tomorrow we play Beethoven 9 with 10,000 singers.  Rehearsal today was pretty incredible and looking forward to the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment