Monday, December 3, 2012

Apartment Living in December

Today is the first of two days with nothing but Skype dates and pipe cleaning appointments to keep.  My apartment is psychologically colder than outside and I creep across the room to my tea kettle to heat water for another cup.  If only I could figure out the remote control to my air conditioner I know that it has a heating function.  For now I'm going to be carrying the control in my backpack presenting it to any Japanese person (or Japanese reading/speaking person) that might have the key to warmth.  Perhaps there's some combination of buttons that takes me to China–it's such a mysterious remote control.

Wanted: Understanding
For now it's hot baths, long socks, jumping jacks, old man sweaters, and the company of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment