Sunday, September 1, 2013

Last night before Japanese return

This is it.  The last night in America.  I don't want to return my library book, or say goodbye to Quaker Oatmeal Squares.  I won't mind returning to the Japanese diet, and I have mixed feelings about returning to a world in which I cannot fully interact.  This has been a month of returning to world of the living. The world to which I will inevitably return in the future.  And now I return to a world that is a hiatus of my continuous existence, which I think is teaching me to understand my American existence--friends, family, library priviledges--by my removal from it.  But that's a few steps away.  We'll see what awaits in Japan Part II, a long flight and a dateline away, in the Land of Tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment