Thursday, April 25, 2013

Shared Train

There are many ways to re-acclimate to Japan so I thought I'd try one.  In the name of getting gifts and getting out of the apartment I chose to go to Shinsaibashi, Osaka's shopping district graced with women made giant by their colossal heels and hair.

To get there I had to take the densha which was filled with Japanese people as often happens in Japan.  Do groups of Japanese children exist without hats?  My personal guess is no, and today they wore yellow, with slightly different styles between the girls and boys.  I watched them take special care of one of their friends who appeared to have Down's Syndrome, holding her hand to step on and off the train, opening the window blind so she could look out the window.  And then I stared out the window with her gaze, watching the closely packed houses, the blue sky, the electrical wires and cars waiting for the passing train.  All the languages were foreign.

No comments:

Post a Comment