Saturday, January 12, 2013

Bike Found!

Wonder of wonders, the Japanese police have found my bike!

I had been prepared to be a bike bum for the next few unseasonable months, borrowing one bike and then another from the good will of many HPAC members; and yet somehow the police recovered my bike in only two weeks.  They found it under some else's bottom.  I may have the option to press charges, though I'm fairly certain I will decline to do so.  As much fun as I've had with the Japanese penal system thus far, I'm happy to further explore Japan through its wildlife, language, culture, dining, maybe even dentist offices, before delving into its courts.

The infinitely flexible Yoshie Maeda, our personal manager, had been willing to set aside the needs of her recently purchased kimchi in order to meet me at the Amagasaki police station this evening to help with paperwork.  But due to the surprising concern of the police chief that I would have to ride home after dark, we have postponed our reclamation until Tuesday afternoon.  I'm not sure what forms or questions will be needed, but I'm guessing it's a little more than a smile, which is close to all I can offer right now.  It's not something that I saw very often during our filing of the police report two weeks ago.  They were very serious.  And serious got it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment