Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Rainy Day

Today was to be the day of the Hanshin Tigers baseball game.  I've really enjoyed watching bits of Japanese baseball on TV and was curious to know what we do with balloons and toy bats.  But I'll have to wait.  Rain gave them a night off.  Sunday, here's hoping for Sunday.

Rainy day game face
crowds retreating

On a sunnier note, I received a postcard from the Takarazuka International Friendship Association informing me of my Japanese teacher and lesson times.  It's an interesting thing in Japan, how little people use email.  I had to go to the center in person and fill out a form.  They've sent me this postcard and will faithfully be waiting for me.  No other confirmation on my end other than silence.   It's a cool feeling to have an implicit trust with someone that I haven't even yet met.  I'm really looking forward to getting started.

The beginning of a new understanding

Yesterday was a day off, and today, and tomorrow.  I'm finding that I have periods of boredom or feel obligated to structure my day productively.  I biked to the hall in the rain to practice.  On the way home I passed a groundskeeper of the river parks practicing the tin flute in his truck during his lunch break.  As I was one of the few on the path today, I felt especially lucky to have heard his rendering of Greensleeves.

1 comment:

  1. Nice mug! I have to say I'm really enjoying your blog entries. You write very well; deep and poetic and I find myself waiting for your new entry each evening.

    ReplyDelete