Monday, September 3, 2012

First day of rehearsal

I'm not sure what it is that has gotten me here.  I'm not how it is that I'm deserving, but I feel that I must be accruing and collecting so much karma of which I'm obligated to share with the world.  That I can make sound with other people, that I can learn from other people.  The concertmaster of the Philadelphia Orchestra is leading us, and we also have the wisdom of the former first violist of the Los Angeles Orchestra.  And after morning and afternoon rehearsals, I had a lesson with the former principle of the Bavarian Radio Symphony Orchestra.

Just as Japan is new to me, this musical world is new.  At this point I don't really know what to say other than I believe that I will learn as much from it as I will from the Japanese culture around me.  I'm sure at times I will be frustrated in rehearsals, or tired, or hungry.  But there is no way to ignore that it is a privilege to be playing with these people- that I am being paid to make music and to learn.  I feel great gratitude and responsibility- it's too much for one person.

No comments:

Post a Comment