Friday, March 29, 2013

Home Again, Home Again

I've eaten my last over-the-top hotel breakfast and convenient store onigiri for at least a short while.  The firm hotel beds and pillows, the strange dreamlike T.V. programs, The Teachings of Buddha atop the New Testament, the bathtub which tempts to be filled like a sake generous pour, the slippers I never used, and the hot water kettle that I did.

Tomorrow we'll be playing a home concert.  One last chance to catch a few beats, teach some violin, see kids jump up and down with excitement, and see a few more amusing T-shirts ("Queerly" and "Better world comical" are my current top rankings).  Don't know the score after this week on the road, but it always feels good to see the familiar turf, such as this part of Japan has become.

No comments:

Post a Comment