Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Clips from Japanese Book


I really enjoy learning Japanese.  The slow disclosing of a secret language and the ability to connect to people.  A feeling of delayed gratification every time I hear a word and connect it with a new context; meaning comes into a sound.  

I also really enjoy the graphics in my text book and would like to share a few.  It's just another part of the fun of learning Japanese.  



The character in this dialogue explains that their hobby is to sing songs by the Beetoruzu (the Beatles, who are pictured here in the dialogue bubble)

In this dialogue the object is to fill in the blanks prompted by the picture:
"Yesterday was my first time doing _________"
"How was it?"
"It was__________"
Based on the picture above, what was it and how was it?  (Answer below)

The dialogue accompanying this picture was roughly as follows:
Matsumotoyoshiko: "Maria-san, aren't you eating anything?"
Maria: "Oh no, I started a diet yesterday."
Matsumotoyoshiko: "Oh really?  I've dieted before."
Maria: "What kind of diet?"
Matsumotoyoshiko: "I basically only ate one apple a day and drank lots of water.  But you know, strict diets aren't good for the body."
Maria: "Huh."
Matsumotoyoshiko:"Maria-san, this ice cream, it's really delicious."
Maria: "Really?  I'll start my diet tomorrow."


Things one can and cannot do (indicated by a smiley or frown face):
Write hiragana
Read kanji
Play the piano
Understand Japanese
Swim
Drink beer


*Kabuki; really nice

No comments:

Post a Comment